Monday, September 01, 2008

True Confessions...

Sometimes, I really like being naughty. I can't help it, but everytime I eat beans I have a little song going through my head. I couldn't resist teaching it to my children. "Beans, beans are good for the heart, the more you eat, the more you ..." You get the picture. Now, when the kids eat beans, they can't help but think of this little song and we all sing it together. Except for Gerald. He shakes his head in disgust. The other day, I had another little song from my childhood running through my head. Once again, I couldn't resist letting my kids in on this little diddy. "Here comes the bride, all dressed in white. Where is the groom? He's in the dressing room. Why is he there? He lost his underwear." Shameful really. But hearing your 3 year old sing it is worth it! This is Miriam's adaptation: "Here comes the bride, all dressed in white. Where is the broom? It's in another room. Why is it in there? It has lost it's underpants."

5 comments:

Alexis said...

Jenni, your post cracked me up cuz I did that same thing with our kids. John used to give me the same look of disgust. Now, you can comfort Yerral since he knows our kids have turned out okay :>)

Lylah Ledner said...

that's so hysterical...i'm laughing so hard and dad is saying 'what'd she say'....

my stomach hurts...

Anonymous said...

that sounds like us, but steve is usually the one leading the "naughty" lectures.

Kristin said...

Thanks for the good laugh! I remember those funny moments. Now my kids are older and they try to annoy me with those once cute sayings. Yesterday Jeff (10) asked me what hormones were. I guess I mentioned the term somewhere in my conversation. He thought it was so funny. That's all he talked of at dinner and devotions. Michael and I were laughing so hard. Jeff is still so clueless!

tristen said...

love this about you! thinking of you and hope to see you soon....t.c.